For as long as I can remember clean eating has been a huge part of my world.
As a journalist, I sought out top experts in the field and picked their brains. With every interview, I grew more and more knowledgeable and I was compelled to share everything I learned with viewers and friends on Facebook.
As a two-time cancer survivor, I know firsthand that eating healthy can literally save your life, and the need to share what I know is more urgent.
That’s the origin of my personal battle cry to #ArmorUpforLIFE — I am asking everyone to take their eating and their health to the next level.
- Challenge yourself to eat healthy, eat clean and feel better
- Read the labels, eat food with few ingredients
- If you can’t pronounce each ingredient it’s likely your body can’t recognize them or process them properly
- Cut the white flour, cut out the sodas, cut out the food dyes, additives, preservatives, synthetics and chemical products
- Go back to the way eating used to be before food manufacturers started adding so much processed junk to our food
- Go back to a time when everything was grown in the garden and wasn’t sprayed… when it was organic
- Look for locally grown, organically grown food
Roll back the clock with your diet, and give yourself a longer, healthier life.
As you transition to your new healthier life, I invite you to share your progress and insights below. Try overhauling some of your favorite recipes, to make them cleaner, and post them here. Tell the #ArmorUp for LIFE® community if you find a great new healthy product, or something else we should avoid. Let’s make this community driven and help one another #ArmorUpforLIFE.
BTW, you can make some yummy desserts WITHOUT sugar just by substituting pureed figs, brown rice syrup or maple syrup.