The transplant is set for October 29th. October 30th is DAY 1 of my new life. While the procedure for my sister will be very painful for her, the transplant will feel much like a blood transfusion for me.
It’s AFTER the transplant when things can get rough for me as my body tries to fight and keep Lisa’s marrow from settling into my body. The first 100 days of my new life are CRITICAL.
Many of you have asked how you can help me during this time and the first thing that came to mind is — surround me with POSITIVE NEWS and things I love! My true passion is helping others change their lives for the better through diet and exercise. If I can inspire you to take better care of yourself, you will inspire me during my journey back to health, and my family.
After a long talk with my girlfriend Aly Kerr, the #100 Day Challenge came to life!
Aly said… “If you can walk miles after hours of chemo and being sick all day, there’s no reason I can’t push myself harder to get fit and stay committed.”
SHE IS SO RIGHT!!!
So starting on Oct 30th, I challenge you to make a commitment to be your best and healthiest self. Start YOUR NEW LIFE on the same day that I begin mine — take the #100 Day Challenge and #ArmorUp for LIFE.
- Start REALLY reading product labels; choose your products wisely
- Eat only food with ingredients you can pronounce; that means no more soda among other things
- Stick to your workout plan even on the days you aren’t motivated to get up and go
- Explore yoga and mediation to reduce your stress and find balance
- Avoid harmful chemicals and toxins; aluminum in your deodorant, mercury in your tuna fish
- Give up any bad habits you’re still holding on to; if you’re still smoking, now’s the time to stop!
Whatever changes you need to make to live healthier, I challenge you to take the #100DayChallenge and #ArmorUp for LIFE. And just when you think its too tough, think of me. I have no choice BUT TO BE TOUGH AND FIGHT — and if I can do it, you can too!
Get ready to begin on Thursday, October 30th, then share your progress and success stories online and spread the positive energy and love by using the hash tags #100DayChallenge and #ArmorUp for LIFE.
You can do it.
I can do it.
We can ALL #ArmorUp for LIFE and change our lives for the better.
God bless you.